Open Job: LabVIEW Systems Engineer
We’re looking for an engineer with solid LabVIEW skills to write applications for customer projects. You'll implement and validate API designs to meet functional specifications provided by project leads, develop modular subcomponents of large software systems, and use source code control and issue tracking systems to communicate progress with team members and manage your workload.
Note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
As a Project Engineer at JKI, you will:
- Visit and talk directly with customers during the implementation and support phases of their projects.
- Implement and validate API designs (primarily in LabVIEW and also in Python) to meet functional specifications provided by project leads.
- Develop modular subcomponents of large software systems.
- Use source code control and issue tracking systems to communicate progress with team members and manage your workload.
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Bachelor of Science or higher in an engineering- or science-related field.
- 2-5 years of experience using LabVIEW (and a passion for it).
- Achieved the NI Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) designation.
- Experience in semiconductor, biotechnology, or defense industries.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Exceptional candidates may also have:
- Achieved the NI Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) designation.
- Achieved the NI Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED) designation.
- Experience programming applications in Python
- Familiarity with source code control and issue tracking.
- Demonstrated active involvement in the LabVIEW Community (vipm.io, LAVA, NI Forums).
- Understanding of communication protocols and buses (CAN, ModBus, TCP-IP, UDP, RS-232, GPIB)
JKI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.