Open Job: Director of Sales
About the job
We’re looking for a Director of Sales to lead JKI in maintaining and growing its relationships with its amazing, high-tech customers. You will play a critical role in finding customers and projects that align with JKI’s mission and strategic goals and also in helping to ensure a healthy backlog of profitable work. This will enable JKI to grow, help our customers do amazing and impactful work in the marketplace, and keep our engineering team fully-utilized and engaged. Experience with National Instruments (NI) hardware and software is a huge plus. JKI's team of engineers are highly-regarded experts in LabVIEW and NI hardware, and we use these tools, along with Python and other T&M hardware, to build complex, custom systems for our innovative customers.
Note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position. Complete COVID-19 vaccination is required and JKI will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons.
As a Director of Sales at JKI, you will:
- Fill the Sales Pipeline: Ensure a backlog of sold projects, based on JKI’s growing capacity for engineering services delivery, as well as achieving profitability. Regularly obtain new purchase orders from existing clients on ongoing engagements. Finalize contracts with the help of JKI legal.
- Develop Strong Client Relationships: Establish a specific plan for each client that includes development of contacts at multiple levels within the client organization (engineers, managers, executives). Contact and meet with existing clients regularly to evaluate ongoing and new business needs, and develop and present proposals to meet these needs. Customers will seek the Director of Sales opinion on industry and technical matters related to their projects and willingly act as references for other accounts.
- Verify Customer Success: Track key project deliverables and objectives, at a high level, to verify whether sales commitments to customers are met and they are receiving business value from JKI services, software, and solutions delivered that meets or exceeds their initial expectations.
- Create and Lead Client Presentations: Develop comprehensive, professional presentations for each target customer. Understand the key business problems and pain points relevant to the customer. Tell stories of JKI successes and case studies. Demonstrate software solutions for specific industries and applications.
- Lead Client Proposals Development: Take the lead in coordinating development of all client proposals. Work with the JKI engineering team to clarify client project technical requirements, scope, and deliverables. Ensure that all appropriate team members meet critical proposal deadlines. Ensure that the finished proposal meets or exceeds the standards necessary to provide a clear and specific solution for the client. Define working demo software needed for sales presentations.
- Use Sales Tracking Systems to Manage Sales: Utilize sales tracking software to forecast sales, report progress and maintain up-to-date activity reports.
- Develop New Strategic Accounts: Work directly with JKI founder and partners to identify strategic new business.
- Manage Sales-Related Marketing Efforts: Lead the development of case studies and other sales collateral. Ensure that the JKI website and marketing content are aligned with JKI strategy and sales efforts.
- Develop Strong Sales Partnerships: Meet with sales partners regularly to develop/maintain relationships, understand industry trends, obtain leads and opportunities, and work together to close mutually beneficial sales opportunities.
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Bachelor of Science or higher in an engineering- or science-related field.
- Experience as a sales engineer and/or business development engineer (experience selling high-tech solutions and services)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the National Instruments (NI) hardware product lines.
- Experience in test, measurement, and automation industries.
- Familiarity with software: especially LabVIEW and Python.
- Project management experience
Exceptional candidates may also have:
- Experience selling National Instruments hardware and software
- Experience selling solutions and services for an NI Alliance Partner (system's integrator)
- Business degree (MBA)
- Negotiation experience and skills
- Leadership experience (managing/leading a team, organization)
- Marketing experience (HubSpot)
- Product management experience
JKI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.