JKI Flat UI Controls 2.0 Toolkit for LabVIEW
At JKI, we have found that a professional user interface design can make a huge difference for LabVIEW applications. The freely available JKI Flat UI Controls Toolkit for LabVIEW provides a beautiful, professionally-designed set of LabVIEW controls that you can use on your own LabVIEW projects. Our goal in providing this tool is to help every LabVIEW developer, including you, build better user interfaces in LabVIEW, by design!
Some of the improvements included with 2.0
Since the original JKI Flat UI Controls was released, we have received a lot of feedback and have made many improvements, including:
- More Custom Controls - Now features over 200 customized controls to fill the most important use cases when making a modern user interface
- New “Material Design” style from Google - The Flat UI 2.0 theme has been designed using the Material Design style for a more consistent experience
- Massive Improvements to Buttons (Boolean Controls)
- Native LabVIEW Decorations - Buttons now use native LabVIEW decorations for the background fill color rather than images so they can be recolored programmatically. Using LabVIEW decorations also makes them resizable (Note that we’re still working on ways to make the icon/shadow resizable).
- Hover States - These buttons are also now 6-state booleans which means hover state is now supported (and you should use it!)
- Redesigned User Experience - With the addition of the JKI Design Palette, developers can much more easily search, filter, and interact with the actual controls before placing them on the LabVIEW front panel.
How Can You Use the Toolkit?
You can use the toolkit free of charge on commercial and non-commercial projects. You can even customize the controls to your project and branding needs. Although you are allowed to freely use the toolkit in your products and projects you are not allowed to redistribute the toolkit itself.
You are free to use the JKI Flat UI Controls 2.0 in your own applications without any fees. This toolkit is released under the JKI Toolkits License and also includes some icons licensed under the Apache License 2.0 and SIL Open Font License 1.1 licenses, which are very friendly licenses for using them in your commercial proprietary software :-)